va became the first state to formally apologize for slavery. thoughts???
va became the first state to formally apologize for slavery. thoughts???
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/14/581140986869_2.png[/img]
That's stupid. why apologize for something that happened so many many years ago? Also, slavery never started here, it was just carried over when they discovered this new land.
I'm with steer on this one, why apologize?
---Grip it.....and Rip It---
Gym Monster-Gettin' the train everyday!!
My thoughts?
"Wow, that's pointless and stupid. Get over it and move on - the past will remain the past."
Officially retired
hahahahahaha
when discussing a state making a formal apology for slavery:
" Get over it and move on - the past will remain the past. "
thats my new sig.
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
I can understand why most blacks are affectedd but I agree. It was over 140 years ago. It's time to move on and quit acting like you're still a slave.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
IMO, an official apology is worthwhile, especially if it is earnest. I personally believe it is a clear Biblical principle - nations are called to repent; so too should a state. Who knows - we may receive more of God's favor as a result.
LOL
No, we'll just see the state of Virginia getting sued now [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.
While I agree with you, I was agreeing with the point that Biggin made. And yeah, a lot of the black people (nowhere near all of them) are acting like we're cracking the whip at them when we don't bow down. That's my point.
I do agree with VA's move. You do something that you know is wrong, then apologize.
I also think that other states, both northern and southern owe some of these minorities apologies.
But it really is time to move on. Meaning, don't necessarily forget about what happened, but forget about judging.
But yeah. The state of Virginia could receive a blessing for God for repenting.
Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.
Seems you're the only one laughing, Biggin. Seems most people tend to agree with me, eh? It was a long time ago - we need to move on and accept that mistakes are made.
That's not to say you shouldn't learn from mistakes in the past, but to apologize for something that happened that long ago? Jesus. At this point and time, honestly, it makes no difference.
That's about all I have to say.
Officially retired
Bookmarks